About the Role
We are looking to hire an exceptional Computer Vision, Deep Learning & Neural Networks expert to join our elite team in this area.
You will combine excellent programming skills and strong relevant experience, ideally with real-world object tracking experience, and a track record of delivering practical, commercially–relevant solutions.
We are tackling some fascinating and challenging problem sets with our enterprise customers. You will be joining an amazing internal team of PhDs and collaborating with some of the world’s leading Computer Vision scientists. For the right person, this is an opportunity to do cutting-edge work at one of Australia’s most exciting start-ups.
Essential Experience and Skills
- You will have exceptional expertise in Python programming with decent experience in Python machine learning and data science packages such as Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib and Pandas.
- You need to have a good understanding of machine learning concepts, with knowledge of image processing and computer vision.
- You need to be familiar with Python computer vision packages such as OpenCV and scikit-image.
- You will have some experience with deep learning packages such as TensorFlow, PyTorch and / or Darknet.
- You need to be familiar with working in a Linux environment, including some server administration knowledge.
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Practical and commercial experience in object classification, segmentation and – in particular – complex object tracking, using cutting-edge Computer Vision and machine learning technologies is advantageous.
- Experience with Docker is a plus.
- Masters or a PhD in related fields is a plus but not essential.
Values and Personal Attributes
- Self-motivated and driven
- Loves solving tough problems
- Loves to ‘get stuff done’
- Can deliver work independently and deliver on commitments
- Team player
- Enjoys being part of a diverse, fun team environment
Location: We are based in Sydney, Australia, though the role could be based anywhere in the world. We may consider sponsoring exceptional candidates based overseas who would like to relocate to Australia.
Remuneration: Salary, superannuation plus attractive Options package.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Employer-contributed superannuation
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity)
- Four weeks annual leave
- Genuine learning and development opportunities
- Be part of an exceptional team
- Flexible work hours (we currently work from home 4 days per week, with Wednesdays in the office)
- Great work environment and facilities.
We bring transparency to food supply chains, globally. Our platform tracks individual items of food, from farm to fork, including its provenance and condition as it moves through the supply chain, with an initial focus on beef. We are also doing extensive work within food processing facilities, working with some of the largest meat, food and retail companies in the world. Lumachain’s platform incorporates world-first, patented Computer Vision, AI, as well as an enterprise-grade software platform, IoT devices and blockchain.
We are also a business with purpose and are passionate about using technology to help keep employees safe and well trained. Microsoft – which is a major supporter of ours globally – shares this commitment. Part of our focus in the area of Computer Vision is to help provide productive and safe working environments for vulnerable employees.
Lumachain’s founder and CEO is Jamila Gordon, 2020 New South Wales Entrepreneur of the Year who recently delivered a global TED talk. She was a former Group Chief Information Officer of Qantas Airways and Leighton Holdings/CIMIC, and prior to that, a senior IBM executive based in Europe, running some of IBM’s largest global ‘megadeals’. Jamila was Microsoft’s Global Awardee in the International Women’s Entrepreneurship Challenge (IWEC) in 2018 for her work on Lumachain, the first Australian to win this award.